- When Villains Aren’t Super, Yonatan Zunger, in a continuation and clarification of Trial Balloon for a Coup?
- Is Trump a Russian Pawn?, Reddit comment collecting links.
- The little-noticed bombshell in Trump’s immigration order, Politico,
All travel and immigration into the US is supposed to be evaled under the same, most strict rules.
- The Latest: Trump Appeal: Aliens Lack Constitutional Rights, NY Times, Next item after Othering is making the other inhuman and taking any human rights from them. Here we go.
- Why Nobody Cares the President Is Lying, NY Times, “The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.”
- Reverse Cargo Cult Effect, Reddit comment on the same subject as above.
- Activists Call for a Nationwide Strike in Protest of President Trump, Cosmopolitan (Strike Day would be on 17-Feb).
- It may only take 3.5% of the population to topple a dictator – with civil resistance, The Guardian, linking Civil Resistance and the “3.5% rule”