Tech Meta: As you can see, this blog is still being built.
- I seem to have fixed the most glaring problems with the stylesheet – blockquotes and links in the text are no longer in an outsized font.
- Basic wordpress hardening is in place. A longer article about that needs to be written.
- Command line tools for WP are in place, and the installation of the blog has been ansibilized. In a completely horrible way, because uploading a shell script that runs WP-CLI is not the Ansible Way™ at all. This needs to be prettyfied as much as possible, but still won’t be the Ansible Way™ when finished.
- I have been testing the blog with mobile, and the theme seems to be adaptive just fine.
What’s missing: A number of things are not here, yet.
- Let’s Encrypt Integration is still not in place. It will come.
- I am still looking for a nice tool that can accept an Android Share intent and will fetch a header and a nice image from the URL and make an article of the “link” format with a number of Categories from it.
- There is a WP Android App. I need to test it, and also need to understand if it fundamentally can work with Google Authenticator enabled on the blog.
- If it does not solve the “here’s a link, make a basic article share out of it” problem, it’s not really helpful. It’s not that I’ll be writing a lot of text on a cellphone, that would be dump. I need to be able to do G+ like sharing from a cellphone as a reminder to edit and fatten the share later from a proper machine.
What will happen (several times): When everything is finished, I need to destroy this VM and redo it from scratch and backup in order to make sure it’s completely hands off. We will have a short service interruption for that, but you should not be worried, we’ll be back. I still have no timeline for that.
So what will happen? Some Guidelines: As the new G+ is as horrible as the preview promised, I’ll pull my presence out of social media as much as possible.
- We have a RSS content full feed and a RSS comments full feed, on autodiscovery. Subscribe to them.
- All links will go to G+, manually. Or not, if I forget to do that. Use RSS, really.
- Comments on G+ are off. Use the comments in the blog.
- The awesome Friends+me will pick that up and spam the rest of the social media. Comments can’t be off there, but I won’t be reading them. Sorry about that. Use the comments in the blog.
- Comments are moderated for first time posters. Once you have commented here and have been enabled, you should be able to do so without moderation.
Yes, it’s retro. That’s probably a feature.